I was having an issue with a user where they were trying to download applications from the Microsoft store. The default behaviour is it asks you to sign in with a Microsoft account but gives you the option of No,thanks. This users machine would not allow you to skip and forced you to login, even after logging on with a O365 account, applications would not download. After trying the usual; reboots, signing in and out of the Microsoft account and removing the O365 account from the profile I found the below to work.
First - make sure Microsoft Store is closed.
- On the users machine open a command prompt and type
whoami /userto get the affected users SID
- Delete the below reg key (the whole folder) replacing [SID] the user’s SID
- From command prompt run
WSReset.exeto clear the Windows Store Cache
- This will force open Microsoft Store go to download a free application tap
- You should be asked a question Use across your devices, tap
- Wait a few moments and it should download.